Today i was asked about "Advanced Framing" and whether it would affect our design and our fee. I asked Chuck. We did not know what that meant. That made us feel dumb!
So i called up Hugh Schaeffer and asked him about it. The link below describes a bit more about it.
http://www.builditgreen.org/attachments/wysiwyg/22/Advanced-Framing.pdf
The idea is to use "smart techniques" to minimize use of materials, and to maximize energy efficiency in "common sense" ways...
I'd be interested what y'all think about this... Of course the overriding question is... LEED or no LEED?
1 comment:
Pros and Cons to anything! If we can't get the guys in the field to implement our neanderthal approach, how are we going to get them to implement an "advanced" technique? Right? In the end, this green method would really need to be a hybrid approach of the "advanced" techniques and current approach especially relating to the stud layout in the corners to accomodate hardware. The fee would significantly be impacted by our required presence at the site. I could see a pre-construction meeting and a couple of site visits at the minimum. At least adding around 1500+ to the fee proposal. I think this is a service we could provied on client request only. The ENTIRE design and construction team must be motivated and coordinated in order to implement a more complicated approach. K.I.S.S. would need to be re-calibrated.
Post a Comment